Experience luxurious architecturally designed modern house accommodation
Located in Porepunkah near Bright in north east Victoria, The Kiln House offers is a truly unique experience where contemporary luxury and design is combined with the stunning beauty of the Ovens Valley high country landscape. Featuring three houses situated in a separate part of a working angus cattle stud, our stunning accommodation fits naturally within the local rural environment, boasting spectacular views of Mount Buffalo, Feathertop and Bogong, as well as grape vines and sleek black angus cattle in the foreground.
Offering a unique & contemporary accommodation experience, all 3 houses were developed and designed by Sally Draper (architect), and Russell Grainger (interior designer), and built by Craig Martin a local master builder. Featuring huge glass windows that frame views of trees, mountains, nearby cattle and a deep blue sky, you’ll live within stunning architectural structures and spaces complemented by elegant and comfortable interior furniture and outside a Tuscan like environment.
Combining not only the beauty of the north east valley and its vistas of mountains, grapes, trees, glorious weather & uniquely modern accommodation, The Kiln House offers a beautiful private setting for small retreats & functions, team building, conferences, wellness weekends & boutique corporate retreats. An all year round destination, the north east is hard to beat, as the outdoor beauty and elegant simple houses …calms …restores …and inspires.
Choose from 3 accommodation experiences we have available –
Cavendons Kilnhouse –
- Cavedons Kilnhouse provides two luxurious high living spaces lined with washed grey pine to match polished concrete floors, each with its own television and DVD player, and one of the best window seats in the north east with imposing views of Mt Buffalo. For winter, wood fires, heated floors and a drying cabinet for ski gear; for summer, ceiling fans and air conditioning. The main bedroom with king sized bed and adjoining bathroom with a spa, has floor to ceiling views of Mt Buffalo and the vineyard. The second bedroom has a king sized bed and shares a separate bathroom with the third bedroom which has two long singles – which can be made into a king bed.
Chinaman’s Kilnhouse –
- Chinaman’s Kilnhouse accommodates up to 4 people. It features one light-filled kiln living space, with a sunny window seat providing imposing views of Mt Buffalo, and a vista of the Ovens Valley and the snow tipped mountains beyond. For winter, there is a wood fire, heated polished concrete floors and storage for ski gear. For summer, louvres catch the breeze, and, if needed, air conditioning keeps the house cool. Two outdoor eating and relaxing areas are formed by the courtyard and the wrap around verandah. The main bedroom has a king sized bed, and floor to ceiling windows provide views of Mt Buffalo. The second bedroom has 2 single beds that combine to form a king size bed. There is a separate spacious bathroom and shower room. The kitchen is comprehensively equipped for gourmet cooking, and the laundry has a dryer and front loading washing machine. Chinaman’s Kilnhouse has WiFi, a television and DVD player.
The Sorting Shed –
- The Sorting Shed accommodates up to 6 adults. It features one large living, dining and kitchen area, a separate den and 2 large upstairs balconies. Downstairs – a main bedroom with king bed and ensuite; 2 bedrooms with 2 king singles which can be made into king size beds. A separate bathroom with spa and shower and single separate toilet. Downstairs also features a sauna with adjoining shower and views across the farm. A fully equipped laundry with washing machine and drier complete the amenities.
Enjoy everything we have to offer with facilities & services including –
- Luxury House Accommodation
- 2 x Chappelli Bikes Available
- Variety of Activities Available – Boutique Retreats Nearby / Adventure & Relaxation Activities
- Food & Wine Activities – Italian Cooking Classes / Restaurant Dining & Local Food / Wineries
- Available for Small Retreats & Functions -Boutique Corporate Retreats / Team Building / Conferences / Wellness Weekends
Don’t just take our word for it…experience the unique elegance and sophistication here at the Kiln House for yourself. It really is accommodation that you’ve never seen before!
Contact Kiln House today
Phone 0422 175 345